All Lightning Protection Systems and Static Earthing systems must be fully inspected and tested by competent personnel using calibrated test equipment. This should be done when the installation is completed and on a regular basis thereafter.
HRW Electrical Services Limited has experienced engineers and technicians in the northwest with access to the latest test and measurement equipment. Our trained personnel provide a complete service that includes:
- Inspection of all conductors, joints and parts of the system
- Continuity testing across conductors and the total system
- Earth resistance testing on individual electrodes and the complete system
- Soil resistivity testing and analysis for new earthing systems
- Detailed reports on the condition of the system under test or inspection, with photos and recommendations plus costings on the works required
- Updates to existing drawings or records or creation of these documents for future reference
Maintenance works and upgrades may be required if the testing and inspection reveals any deterioration in the level of protection, or there had been changes or additions to the structure which render the existing systems inadequate.